Vintage Bulgarian Bar

I first saw this little bar advertised on Facebook. It was very plain and very confusing but I just knew I could have fun with it. I've not quite finished it yet but it's very decorative and something I think that will go well in my living room once that is also finished. Yep lots of finishing to do here.

Frenchic had just produced Dusky Blush, a beautiful vintage pink in the Al Fresco paint range and I simply loved it.
I wanted to take this very masculine dark brown ugly Duckling & make it beautiful

I started by painting outside with Dusky Blush, Al Fresco, then blended with Nougat. I added mouldings to give it some character and stop it being so flat.
I love the look but then I added some foils to lift it even more. This is a girls house so I didn't take men into consideration but the biggest fan of this piece is a male friend of mine.

Inside I went bold with Pea Soup, a fabulous colour overlooked by many. Lots of Finishing coat to seal and then stencilled in Dusky Blush.
This is closest to the real colour

 Pea soup for the legs


 Add some mouldings & a little foil

 Some stencilling, bring the colours together inside


She's not quite finished just yet, I still have to do some more inside and sort the electrics out. Outside she is beautiful and takes pride of place in my living room, complete with Gin.

Comments

Popular

Stencils by Stencil Stash

Frenchic Paint ® Al Fresco colours