Another Step Completed, Dining Room Mum's Bedroom Area

So, yet another step is completed in the kitchen/diner renovation.
It's all very exciting seeing colours coming together but I'm still second guessing myself. Fortunately this step, which is wallpaper looks fabulous. It gives depth to the room and lifts it from being flat. I'm over the moon with it.

I'm not going to show anymore photos as I want the full effect to be seen all together, but here is a sneaky peak. This is my Petchka, wood burner if your not in Bulgaria. Luc is going to make me a stone fire surround which will come up to the paper.

And here is your peak of the paper, that's all your getting, for now 😉

My mum will be 96 in August, she has her bed area in what was the dining room. It was cumbersome and small, did the job but not a comfortable room. 
Now I'm able to make this nicer for her. First thing was to stop using the kitchen door, it's no longer needed due to knocking the wall out. Once I paint the walls the door will be painted in the same colour. With Frenchic wall paint, you can also use it on your furniture. It will blend in with the wall and I will use the panels for photos.  Losing the door meant I could turn her bed around across the doorway giving her loads more room. We then moved the large dresser unit to fit in the opening between her area and the now dining room. This acts as a divider giving her more privacy. She still has the radiator near her and a bigger side table which fits perfectly. Behind her bed on the back of the unit Luc hung voul curtains to give it a comfy bedroom feel, hanging fairy lights across it and I put heart lights on the base of her bed. When she's awake she has a beautiful view of the pool, countryside, mountains and lake. Perfect


 Mum absolutely loves her new bedroom, and it's not yet finished
This is the front of the unit 

Comments

Popular

Stencils by Stencil Stash

Frenchic Paint ® Al Fresco colours