Take One MDF Box

I want to show you, through my blog, what you can do with ®Frenchic paint.       From ugly old damaged, bare bones and plain boring, you can completely transform.

 So take one blank MDF handmade cupboard to make into something, anything. Maybe you have a design in your head, I rarely do but I knew this needed some mouldings to give it something. First step was a light base coat, then I chose some mouldings and trim so it wasn't so flat and a couple more for character.

These mouldings are a traditional design but that doesn't mean you end up with a traditional cupboard! In fact she screamed Bohemian, of course! Lots of colours went into her, one of which is really not in my colour spectre, in fact it's on my hate list, here though was a coat of Victory Lane (GREEN) I DID PANIC A FAIR BIT, but it does not stick out and adds to the overall effect. I guess I'm trying to say, don't be a scared cat like me. It is after all only paint and can be painted over.                                                So lots of colours. Randomly painted areas, yes, but thought has to be a part of that. You can see from the above photothe different painted areas. The reason it's not sooo important is a full coat of paint will be painted over, then it will be wet distressed revealing pops of colour, which you do have control over. As you can see on the mouldings I've painted and wiped off giving the pool of colour. I've used Hot as Mustard and Plum Pudding as large painted areas, then I covered the whole cupboard in Flamenco. Don't do the whole cupboard in one go, start with one facia at a time.O nce dried take a wet wipe and start to rub till the under colours are revealed. It can be hard work, especially if you use Al Fresco or Lazy range but you can use sandpaper, just be careful. Once this was all dried and distressed I went a couple of steps further. So I had not used Green Goddess Frensheen up to this point, I thought this was definitely the piece to try it on and I LOVE IT. I used it on the mouldings, look how beautiful it is, shimmery, glorious, aged, beautifying. Its now my favourite iin this range. Frensheen is a metallic powder which is added to Finishing coat to make a paint, a wash  or you can add it to wax to give a beautiful shimmer to your finish. Then to finish I made a wash out of Artisan Original range Anguilla mixed with some finishing coat. I just pushed it into the top of the cupboard and in the nooks and crannies letting it drip down, this is always a hold your breath moment but I think it added to the Boho look. So what do you think?             



Comments

Popular

Stencils by Stencil Stash

Frenchic Paint ® Al Fresco colours