Kitchen Update, Tiles

Been a while, I know, sorry.
Slow going here due to contracting Influenza B and being pretty ill for 6 weeks. I'm on the mend but still have weak and sore muscles. Now I'm self isolating from the Corona virus, which means I hope to get more done.

It's quite hard trying to do everything while looking after others and wanting to keep myself, mum and others safe.
So thankfully on the last day of freedom Lucy, my builder, finished the tiling around where the wall came down.
It looks absolutely fabulous, well we think so, others may not but if your into colours and artistic hopefully you will agree.

There's still loads to do, tiling wise, but I now have to wait 3 weeks to get the next lot of tiles in, they have to be ordered. This is great as it gives me time to get the money to pay for them, this is all being done on a budget apart from the tiles and wallpaper LOL




So the tiles on the floor are laid like a rug, this because I really can't tile through the kitchen, utility, dining room and mums bedroom. All open plan & just not possible financially. Also there was a lovely hole from where the wall was and we found another layer of tiles in what was the original kitchen.
Lucy did a fabulous job, yet again and there is a slight incline meaning mum won't trip up a step in the tiles.
I love them!

The wall behind the cooker was going to have a pop of colour with small glass mozaic tiles in teal, but I realised they would not do what I wanted and look right.
The plan has changed to the whole wall being tiled, in the same tile as the opening and also behind the fire, instead of stone again it's going to have the same tile. This is a bit of pushing my boundaries but if I don't think it looks good I'll change plans again.

I've also changed my mind on the kitchen cabinet colour, deciding, Frenchic paint ® Parma Violet in Al Fresco, won't go, even though I love it and have painted a unit to go with the kitchen. This may have to change again.

Tell me, what do you think so far?

Comments

Popular

Stencils by Stencil Stash

Frenchic Paint ® Al Fresco colours